been following 10/12 accounts on twitter since the beginning.
When i logged into my account i saw a huge list of tweets most of them in Chinese/Arabic. I was very surprised
to see those tweets. I had never followed such accounts. I knew somehow they got followed automatically.
I search this on the google and found that there could be some application that is allowed and following random people on
behalf of my account. I logged into my account and went to the URL "https://twitter.com/settings/applications",
there was a suspicious app (naming "Competition...."). I revoked its access.
Now i have got a long list of following that i wanted to unfollow. But twitter does not allow you to "Bulk Unfollow" accounts.
I searched for a solution online and found a website "http://iunfollow.com/", that allow you to log into your account and
unfollow by clicking on each account. Again it was not a feasible solution to do.
Then i found a small hack, may be it is of some use to anyone who ran into this problem.
so you have got yourself a long list of unwanted/spam following on twitter.
Please follow the below steps to unfollow all twitter accounts.
You have to use Google Chrome on PC for this.
- Go to "https://twitter.com/" and log into your account.
- Click on your profile image to go to your profile.
- Click on "Following" and you will see a list of following accounts. You can go to "https://twitter.com/following" to avoid step 2.
- Scroll down to the very end of following list, until there is no more down scroll.
- Press F12 and it will bring up the "Developer tools" window of google chrome, on developer tools click on "Console" tab.
- Paste the following script in the Console tab without double quotes.
"var elems=document.getElementsByClassName("button-text following-text");
- Press enter button and wait for a minute. Now refresh your "https://twitter.com/following" page and there will be no following. All removed. (clap)
#twitter following random accounts#
#twitter adding followers by itself#